When it is talk about root canal treatment then it is one of the most serious dental treatments that you might have heard about and it is the one which your dentist will recommend if there’s a very pressing need to save a damaged or infected tooth. Root canal treatment is highly effective way of treating and saving a tooth from decay and it would be otherwise extracted. This treatment is usually taking two or three visits with the goal to have all infected and inflamed nerve tissue. There are so many reasons to take this treatment but the most common cause is due to a tooth infection cause by tooth decay. In this case, the bacteria reach in the nerve and cause pain which should be not tolerated. In this treatment, there should be diagnose of disorders of dental pulp. The saving of your tooth is possible when infected pulp should be removed and this treatment also helps to preventing the formation of an abscess infection.
Symptoms of Root Canal:-
- The major symptom is that when you taken hot or cold liquid then your tooth pain by these types of liquids. There should be pain in the tooth and sensitivity lingers long after being exposed to these elements.
- When there should be swelling in the gums and this swelling can range from being just very slight. It is seemed as reddish at that time and also has some tenderness. Your swelled tooth may also be sensitive to touch.
- There should be several kinds of pains while chewing or application of pressure. When you have to put any sort of pressure on a certain area of your tooth then you noticed the tender or swollen gums near the painful tooth.
- There should be pain in one tooth then radiates to other regions of your jaw or head. There should be also persistent or recurring pimple on the gums. When you pressed that pimple then it should be release pus. This stuff isn’t pretty folks and it’s in your mouth.
Procedure of Root Canal Treatment:-
Root canal is the process of cleaning the canals inside a tooth’s root. In ancient times, root canal treatments are often very painful. But when there is advancement in the dental technologies, most people have little if any pain with a root canal. In fact, it’s probably more painful living with a decayed tooth. So here we discuss the step by step procedure of root canal system:-
- Before start the treatment, firstly we take a series of X-rays of the affected tooth. This allows us to build up a clear picture of the root canal and assess the extent of any damage. After that opening is made through the crown of the tooth to gain access to the pulp chamber. After that we use small instruments which help to remove the pulp from toothy.
- After that we use small needles like files which help to clear away the damaged and diseased pulp from the inside of the tooth. These files help to shape the inner chamber of the tooth and root with water to wash away any remaining pulp. After that we use antimicrobial solution into the chamber that helps to remove all the remaining bacteria from that.
- When the chamber is dried then we filled the interior of tooth. There is a sealer paste and rubber compound which is used to fill the tooth. At that time you have to make sure that your root canals are protected from saliva.
- At final stage, when few weeks passed then we placed a permanent crown on the top of the tooth. It should be depend on the condition of your natural tooth; the Dentist Cranbourne may need to place a small supporting post inside of the root chamber. It can be tinted to match the exact colour of your other teeth.
After root canal treatment, you have to avoid eating hard foods until the treatment is complete. Now, it is your responsibility to provide good oral hygiene by regular brushing and also avoid to intake of sugar and colas. With proper care, your treated tooth can last a lifetime.